The Office of Academic Affairs at the National Security Space Institute (NSSI) is seeking an experienced, self-starting, highly intelligent, personable, and detail oriented Institutional Effectiveness Director. This position will define and standardize data and reporting mechanisms that currently vary or do not yet exist. The ideal candidate will be capable of managing all aspects of course evaluations, reporting out of various applications and internal online systems, and assisting with the development of robust reporting tools for the school. This position will serves as the primary point of contact and interaction between multiple NSSI departments and academic deans regarding optimizing data solutions on behalf of Academic Affairs, in close collaboration with the faculty and the Director for Academic Affairs, as well as the University Provost and Commandant.
- Lead a multidisciplinary team of professionals spanning control of Multimedia, Web and E-Learning Development, Resource Center Support, Faculty Development, Registrar and Instructional System Development.
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions.
- Communicate analysis and insights to stakeholders and leaders, both verbally and in writing.
- Develop and implement data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing as well as ad hoc reports to support the goals of the Provost and the Director of Academic Affairs.
- Independently implement, administer, report, and analyze the course evaluation process, working with the University Registrar's Office, Air University in collecting evaluation data and producing all the reports required for the deans, the faculty, and the students at the end of each course.
- Evaluate programs, policies and procedures related to course evaluations. Identify issues and develop alternative solutions which may include changes to programs, policies and procedures.
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple activities in a deadline-oriented environment; highly organized, flexible and rigorous attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple internal and external customers.