Sigmatech, a fast growing Defense Contractor promotes growth strategies to foster a high-performing organization that focuses on customer satisfaction; recognizes the importance of employee contributions, professional growth, and fulfillment; and a continual commitment to ethics and integrity.
We have an immediate need for an individual to provide Resource Center Services.
The individual shall acquire, compile, organize, display, and coordinate the workings of an academic based research and reference library. The individual shall utilize search engines, academic and military research databases, and other sources (e.g. ProQuest, Ebsco, JSTOR, Newsbank, Defense Technical Information Center, Air University Library's Index to Military Periodicals, Joint Electronic Library (JEL), Joint Doctrine, Education and Training Electronic Information System (JDEIS), European Space Policy Institute (ESPI), Office of Scientific and Technical Information (OSTI), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, FedBizOpps, IHS Jane’s).
The RC staff will:
- Draw on a wide variety of print, digital, and human resources to deliver responsive research and reference support to students and faculty to support their learning needs
- Interface with publishers of space-specific books, audiobooks, reports, news, and grey literature (e.g. Springer-Praxis, Praeger, Routledge, Wiley, ABC Cleo, RAND, GAO, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Space News International, Aviation Week, Reuters).
- Create bibliographies, pathfinders, directories, websites, and other tools that guide patrons to relevant information sources.
- Use unified catalog and interlibrary loan systems; ILLiad and Prospector.
- Provide access to relevant foreign and domestic Government, DoD, Science & Technology, policy, and doctrine sources.
- Establishes interlibrary loan contracts.
- Be responsible for news monitoring, analysis, and dissemination, writing and delivering information literacy training, marketing services and materials to patrons, including outreach programs.
- Design and execute information needs assessments, including analyzing results and implementing recommendations, supports web user design and testing, with a focus on information architecture.
- Maintain subject area(s) and de-accessioning materials that no longer meet collection standards, proofreading and editing.
- Establish beneficial relationships with local and military libraries to assure access to materials while minimizing duplication.
- Understand and maintain compliance with copyright practices to include instructional material; FAR data rights issues, Scientific and Technical Information policies, and International Trafficking in Arms practices.
- Provide and maintain a RC-based commercial computer research network that stands independent from government systems for use by SETC-assigned faculty and students. This system currently consists of 10 desktop computer systems (5 CAC-enabled) with commercial ISP capability and research-compatible software supported by appropriate printer, scanner, copier and copier equipment.