****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD AND FUNDING****
Sigmatech, a fast growing Defense Contractor promotes growth strategies to foster a high-performing organization that focuses on customer satisfaction; recognizes the importance of employee contributions, professional growth, and fulfillment; and a continual commitment to ethics and integrity.
We have the potential for three Financial Specialist II positions.
Must have a minimum of 2 years specialized experience as at the Financial Specialist I Level or comparable.
Financial Specialist I description:
- Attain and utilize required GFEBS roles to create/enter commitment documents, attach all required documentation in accordance with organizational policies and guidance, and submit documentation for approval by office manager.
- Receive, review, and coordinate commitment documents for processing in GFEBS, and validate accuracy of data such as lines of accounting, funding amounts, and requestor information.
- Determine appropriate procedures to submit individual budget execution actions in accordance with applicable policies, guidelines, and regulations.
- Enter data into and complete required manual and automated budget forms to provide documentation in support of individual budget execution actions.
- Review and confirm budgetary records to ascertain availability of funds to support individual budget execution actions, provide guidance to office manager/requestor to finalize use of funds.
- Track and monitor individual budget execution actions. Perform follow up checks as needed to ensure timely commitment and obligation, report issues to appropriate government personnel.
- Utilize financial records and reports to develop comparisons of prior year(s) expenditures with current year budget execution plans.
- Utilize financial records and reports for monitoring and reporting on current year expenditures relative to planned execution and prior year expenditures, informing office manager of any significant changes or issues.
- Prepare daily accounting reconciliation of accounting documents entered into the automated accounting system.
- Distribute accounting documentation to customers and office staff.
- Maintain automated accounting documentation files.
Financial Specialist II description:
- Utilize financial reporting tools (such as GFEBS, Microsoft Excel, and any successor systems) to generate reports detailing revenue (appropriation, program, and account structure) and expenditures for each organizational cost center, identifying and reconciling discrepancies.
- Access multiple financial databases, web-based tools, and reports to research and track specific elements of resource from commitment through disbursement, document and notify budget analysts of issues.
- Create documentation and coordinate routing of documentation for approval and acceptance of incoming and outgoing funds with external organizations and between internal organizational units.
- Enter data into financial databases and web-based tools to enable documentation and tracking of organizational level financial execution, including incoming and outgoing funds, internal fund transfers, and contracting actions.
- Support organization's budget analysts in documenting, tracking, and researching current year and prior year financial transactions to include purchase order and purchase requisitions obligation failures, unliquidated obligations, unmatched disbursements, and other execution issues, helping to resolve discrepancies between financial transactions, records, and reports or problems associated with complex or nonstandard transactions.
- Coordinate with ARL and Defense Finance Accounting Service (DFAS) regarding problems related to disbursements and refund checks