****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD AND FUNDING****
Sigmatech, a fast growing Defense Contractor promotes growth strategies to foster a high-performing organization that focuses on customer satisfaction; recognizes the importance of employee contributions, professional growth, and fulfillment; and a continual commitment to ethics and integrity.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Public Affairs/Strategic Management Specialist.
This individual understands regulatory development and public input processes, Provides analysis, advice, and/or implementation assistance, provides oversight and input on specific topics of interest to clients based on previous studies, research, program support, and professional experience. May also provide final review or serve as a peer reviewer of technical documents. Plans and coordinates public affairs communication, events and activities to support the mission, objectives, and goals of the client’s organization helping to maintain the relationship between an organization and the public; Establishes and maintains relationships with key personnel, communications staff, as well as organizational stakeholders across all functional areas to ensure effective communications and change readiness capabilities. Collaborates with clients to develop successful communications strategies; Plans, prepares and disseminates publicity concerning the client’s organization through newspapers, periodicals, and audio and visual communications media, including the Internet; develops and implements public relations and communications plans. Responsible for curating relevant content to reach target audiences; managing published content; monitoring, listening and responding to users to cultivate an informed public; developing and expanding community outreach efforts. Responsible for informing the public about how organization activities will impact the community, and coordinating and managing an organization's response to negative events as they occur. Responsible for designing, creating and managing outreach campaigns; and reporting metrics and return on investment. Responsible for recommending, executing, and maintaining all communication strategies, plans, and message management processes. Contribute to the development of communication plans and execute against those plans. Performs assignments in specialized areas of public relations activities such as press, radio, and TV relations, tradeshow public relations and community relations. Responsible for communication measurement results and recommending adjustments to strategic plans and execute accordingly. Possesses excellent communication skills and is familiar with traditional media marketing as well as online/internet marketing. May direct and lead the work of others.
The individual shall provide support services for all public affairs functions to enhance PEO IEW&S’s communications abilities and respond appropriately to community leaders, media outlet or other outreach opportunities. Services include:
* Assisting in planning, developing, and implementing the organization's public affairs programs, policies, events, and activities to include correspondence, messaging, and campaigns that span the different levels of Project and Product Management.
* Establishing and maintaining relationships with Army and other Services to ensure effective communications and change-readiness capabilities are in place.
* Providing peer review of physical and virtual promotional materials and monitoring, reviewing, approving, and submitting items for public release.
* Collaborating with mission partners to develop successful communications strategies by being at the forefront of publicity campaigns concerning the organization through newspapers, periodicals, and audio and visual communications media, including the Internet and outward facing websites.
* Developing relevant content to reach target audiences; reviewing published content; monitoring, listening and responding to users to grow an informed public; developing and expanding community outreach efforts; monitoring community activities and coordinating participation in events and public forums.
* Designing, creating, and monitoring outreach campaigns; reporting metrics and return on investment to Senior Leadership; notifying staff and subordinate organizations of journal articles, media days, videos, media trips, community events and outreach opportunities.
* Responding to media queries and publishing press releases and articles.
* Performing assignments in specialized areas of public relations activities such as press, radio, and TV relations, tradeshow/public relations and community relations.